COMPETITION WINTER WONDERLAND ON FACEBOOK Sept 25 – Oct 4 2018.
1. The promoter is Gite Colombe des Bois
2. The competition is open to residents of the EU aged 18 years or over except employees of Gite Colombe des Bois and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the business or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The route to entry for the competition is to like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so by their own free will.
5. We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case
6. Closing date for entry will be 4th October as stated in the post of the Facebook page. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and how to enter are clearly stated in the Facebook post.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize will be clearly stated in the Facebook Post and will be subject to availability.
12. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
13. Winner will be chosen at random
14. The winner will be notified by via private message on Facebook and within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 10 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [European] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [Europe].
19. The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than two weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- The €100 refundable damage deposit is payable on arrival.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than two weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 4 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 6 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Bookings normally commence at 15.00 unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 11.00 on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. Guests are reminded to remove all rubbish from the accommodation and place in the collection bin by the entrance gate. All recyclable waste is to be left in the recycle bins at the entrance gate. Guests must leave all dishes clean and put away in the cupboards. All beds are to be stripped and dirty towels and laundry left in the bath tub. The fridge must be left clean and empty.
- Pets or smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Please note due to the natural wood flooring we require guests to remove outdoor shoes before going upstairs in the property.
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. The security deposit will be returned at the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- All guests are reminded to lock the doors and close the windows when they leave the property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or pool.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Swimming pool disclaimer: Please also read the house rules in the house folder.
- The subject property has a swimming pool located thereon. The tenant(s) will use the swimming pool at the tenant’s own risk. The landlord will not be held responsible for the injuries sustained by the tenant and/or the tenant’s occupants or guests when using the swimming pool and the tenant will indemnify the landlord for any actions resulting from injuries to tenant and/or tenant’s occupants or guests.
- The tenant agrees to refrain from attempting to make any repairs or adjustments to the pool equipment or to any of the electrical wiring for the pool equipment.
- The tenant must immediately notify the landlord of any repair that the swimming pool may require. The tenant is responsible for the full cost that may be due for repair and/or replacement of the swimming pool that is required as a result of negligence by the tenant or the tenant’s occupants or guests. The tenant must operate the swimming pool in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and in a safe, responsible manner.
- The tenant understands that the swimming pool is strictly an amenity and that the use of this amenity is not guaranteed under the terms of the lease. Any interruption or non-availability of the use of the swimming pool will not violate any terms of the lease.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- No food or drink to be taken into the pool.
- All inflatables and toys to be removed from the pool after use.
- The subject property has a trampoline located thereon. The tenant(s) will use the trampoline at the tenant’s own risk. The landlord will not be held responsible for the injuries sustained by the tenant and/or the tenant’s occupants or guests when using the trampoline and the tenant will indemnify the landlord for any actions resulting from injuries to the tenant and/or the tenant’s occupants or guests.
- The tenant(s) will use the mezzanine at the tenant’s own risk. The landlord will not be held responsible for the injuries sustained by the tenant and/or the tenant’s occupants or guests when using the ladder or mezzanine and the tenant will indemnify the landlord for any actions resulting from injuries to tenant and/or tenant’s occupants or guests.
- We reserve the right to withdraw permission for the tenant(s) to use the pool and/or trampoline in the event of a breach of the above terms.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.